Monday, May 6, 2013

San Diego Wedding

At the end of April seven great friends got together in San Diego for a destination wedding. We told everyone we are high school friends with Jessi but really, most of us are much more. From elementary school to college to Vegas, we represented a good portion of Jessi's life. 

We all arrived on Thursday for the Friday night wedding and stayed until Sunday. This meant we had a lot of quality time to spend with each other. 


Four of us have children and we left them home with their fathers and grandmas. It was relaxing for me to not have the sometimes crushing responsibility of motherhood 24/7. I did not get extra sleep though, the time change really threw me. I also did not get Mexican food. Double fail. 

The wedding was on Coronado Island, which we were so impressed with we went back on the Saturday to explore. It was a very relaxed wedding, focused on love. As a side note, it was fun to see Jessi's KU Delta Gamma friends - most I haven't seen since graduation. 





Here I am with the beautiful bride! 


Here we are at the Hotel Del Coronado. They used this hotel as the model for the Grand Floridian Hotel at Disney World. 


We stayed on Mission Beach in a condo I found online. It was very nice to stay right on the beach. There was a little "boardwalk" type area with amusement rides and shops and a really nice walking path. 

Saturday we were able to take photos on the beach. It was Katherine's 30th birthday, so they were extra special. 






It is amazing how a photo shoot can bring out the silliest in a group of 30 year olds. Will we still be taking ridiculous photos when we are 40? 50? I hope so. 

2 comments:

  1. you win for most photos of the bride. however, I would really like more photos of the CONDO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure how I missed this post. But love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin